AMD’s 68xx series GPUs have been out for a little while now. This means that the boring time of stock and reference designs is well past and now we get to see what happens when a manufacturer puts their best effort into designing a graphics card. In the past we have seen Asus stand out with some impressive designs. Their DirectCU and Voltage Tweak offerings have been excellent. Today we have one of these on the test bench in the form of the Asus EAH6870 DC/2DI2S/1GD5. This factory overclocked card features their DirectCU (hence the name) cooling which has the heat pipes sitting right on top of the GPU for better thermal performance. This new card also features Asus’ Voltage Tweak to help you get even more performance out of it. So let’s take a look and see if this $200.00 card is worth your time and money.
Published in Enthusiast GPUs
Asus' EAH6870 DirectCU gets a turn in our gaming machine Featured
by Sean Kalinich on18 May 2011 15258 times
Prev Next »
Latest from Sean Kalinich
- Dell and others move to disable Intel's Management Engine
- Root7 Pink Himalayan Salt Shot Glasses Up on Test Bar...
- Voice is an often overlooked big threat vector as phone fraud rises – part I
- Illusive Networks says that deception everywhere is the way to go
- CloudPassage Looks to secure your entire cloud infrastructure
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.