Asus Cine5 speaker bar makes some noise in the lab FeaturedWritten by Sean Kalinich Thursday, 19 August 2010 11:56 Published in Consumer Audio
Asus is a common name in computer components. We have taken a look at more than our share of their products from the mundane to the extreme. One area that Asus has been taking more of an interest is the higher-end side of the HTPC market. Here is where things get interesting. Unlike gamers, or overclockers a person that wants to build a high-end HTPC is looking for the best combination of performance, cooling and power draw. If you can build it fast, cool and power efficient then they will want that. But building an HTPC is not only about what you drop inside the system. You also need some good hardware on the final end of the output side. Not to worry, Asus has you covered there too. They have their own line of HD capable monitors and even speaker sets to keep you happy. We are taking a look at t new one to hit the market. It is a speaker bar that is capable of providing 5.1 surround sound to your viewing area. Called the Cine5, this small and stylish speaker system runs for about $130 on the internet. We are going to take a look and see if it is worth it.
Latest from Sean Kalinich
- BitTorrent is Working on an Encrypted, Anonymous Chat App named Bleep
- TOR Project Warns Users of Attack that Attempted to Expose Users between January and July
- Crytek Sells off Homefront, Lays Off Staff in the UK and US: What was that about a secure financial future?
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Gets a Swag Heavy Pro Edition, Just not for PC
- Android Fake ID Bug Found that Allows Malicious Code to Mimic Trusted Apps