Kingston Digital Launches USB 3.0 Media Reader
· USB 3.0 Interface Provides Up to 5.0Gb/s Data Transfer Speed
· Perfect Device for Quick Downloads from High-Capacity Flash Memory Cards
Fountain Valley, CA -- August 1, 2011 -- Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the launch of the Kingston® USB 3.0 Media Reader. The reader takes advantage of performance benefits offered by USB 3.0 technology, allowing for faster data download times.
The Kingston USB 3.0 Media Reader supports multiple card formats including the newer high-capacity SDXC. With its quick and easy plug-and-play design, it delivers up to 5.0Gb/s data transfer speed for high-resolution images, large data files and more making it ideal for serious enthusiasts who need a fast and reliable data transfer device. It is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0.
“The Kingston USB 3.0 Media Reader’s ability to handle multiple card formats combined with its small form factor makes it perfect for use at home, on the road or in the office,” said Andrew Ewing, Flash memory business manager, Kingston. “It is the essential device for reading higher-speed cards currently offered in the market and a convenient way to move photos, music, data and more between multiple platforms.”
The Kingston USB 3.0 Media Reader comes with a three-foot USB 3.0 cable. It is backed by a two-year warranty, 24/7 tech support and legendary Kingston reliability. For more information visit www.kingston.com.
Kingston USB 3.0 Media Reader Features and Specifications:
· Portable: convenient small size
· Versatile: works with the following Flash card formats:
– CF Type I (UDMA 0-6)
– CF Type II (UDMA 0-6)
- Secure Digital
– SDHC UHS-I
– SDXC UHS-I
- Memory Stick®/M2*
– Memory Stick®
– Memory Stick® PRO
– Memory Stick® Duo™
– Memory Stick® PRO Duo™
– Memory Stick® M2
· Requirements: system with USB 3.0 port
· Backwards Compatible: with USB 2.0
· Dimensions: 3.66" x 2.07" x 0.63" (93.17mm x 52.68mm x 16.00mm)
· Speed Rating**: USB 3.0, up to 5.0Gb/s data transfer speed
· Operating Temperature: 32º to 140ºF / 0º to 60ºC
· Storage Temperature: -4º to 185ºF / -20º to 85ºC
· Operating System Compatibility: Windows® 7, Windows Vista® (SP1, SP2), Windows XP (SP3)
· Guaranteed: two-year warranty
* All brand and product names mentioned herein are for identification purposes only. Memory Stick and Memory Stick PRO Duo are trademarks of Sony Corporation. Kingston is not affiliated with Sony Corporation. Other product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
** Speed may vary due to host and device configuration.
Kingston USB 3.0 USB Media Reader
Capacity and Features
Multi-Card Reader 3.0
K I N G ST O N PAR T NUMBERS
About Kingston Digital, Inc.
Kingston Digital, Inc. (“KDI”) is the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the world’s largest independent manufacturer of memory products. Established in 2008, KDI is headquartered in Fountain Valley, California, USA. For more information, please visit www.kingston.com or call 800-337-8410.
Kingston and the Kingston logo are registered trademarks of Kingston Technology Corporation. All rights reserved. All other marks may be the property of their respective titleholders.