After taking a look over the MSI X79A-GD65(8D) motherboard and some of MSI’s design choices (and the benefits they bring) we have dove into our performance testing. You may remember that we had concerns about the way the PCIe slots were segmented into Gen3 and Gen2. To check and see what effect (if any) this might have on performance we ran some of our tests with the GPU in the Gen2 slot and some in the Gen3 slot. We were more than a little surprised at what we found out. So let’s get into the performance half of our review of the MSI X79A-GD65(8D) and see what we found.
Published in Enthusiast Motherboards
We finish up our time with the MSI X79A-GD65(8D) Featured
by Sean Kalinich on14 February 2012 11864 times
Prev Next »
Latest from Sean Kalinich
- Enigma Responds to Press over BleepingComputer lawsuit.
- Copyright groups demand 1.2 billion from Dutch government
- MIT and Texas Intruments create an RFID Chip that is secure.. for now
- AMD launches World's First Hardware Virtualized GPU
- BleepingComputer hit with SLAPP suit from Enigma Software over comparrion thread.
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter the (*) required information where indicated. HTML code is not allowed.