We finish up our time with the MSI X79A-GD65(8D) FeaturedWritten by Sean Kalinich Monday, 13 February 2012 21:19 Published in Enthusiast Motherboards
After taking a look over the MSI X79A-GD65(8D) motherboard and some of MSI’s design choices (and the benefits they bring) we have dove into our performance testing. You may remember that we had concerns about the way the PCIe slots were segmented into Gen3 and Gen2. To check and see what effect (if any) this might have on performance we ran some of our tests with the GPU in the Gen2 slot and some in the Gen3 slot. We were more than a little surprised at what we found out. So let’s get into the performance half of our review of the MSI X79A-GD65(8D) and see what we found.
Latest from Sean Kalinich
- In Win 901 Case Review, Or How To Build an SFF Case With Style
- Microsoft cuts Windows 8.x prices by up to 70%
- Huawei comes out with the super light and thin MediaPad X1
- Microsoft's Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit bypassed by security researchers with relative ease...
- Pre-Order Wolfenstein: The New Order and get access to DOOM Beta... sort of.