We finish up our time with the MSI X79A-GD65(8D) FeaturedWritten by Sean Kalinich Monday, 13 February 2012 21:19 Published in Enthusiast Motherboards
After taking a look over the MSI X79A-GD65(8D) motherboard and some of MSI’s design choices (and the benefits they bring) we have dove into our performance testing. You may remember that we had concerns about the way the PCIe slots were segmented into Gen3 and Gen2. To check and see what effect (if any) this might have on performance we ran some of our tests with the GPU in the Gen2 slot and some in the Gen3 slot. We were more than a little surprised at what we found out. So let’s get into the performance half of our review of the MSI X79A-GD65(8D) and see what we found.
Latest from Sean Kalinich
- Was a Flaw in Apple's Find my iPhone Responsible for the Recent Celebrity Nude Photo Leak?
- NETGEAR WC7600 Wireless Controller and N370 Access Point Review
- Are PCI Compliance Regulations Being Ignored and Allowing for More Data Theft?
- Apple Bans Devs from Selling HealthKit Data to Ad Companies
- Despite being late to the party, Apple's iWatch will probably do well