We finish up our time with the MSI X79A-GD65(8D) FeaturedWritten by Sean Kalinich Monday, 13 February 2012 21:19 Published in Enthusiast Motherboards
After taking a look over the MSI X79A-GD65(8D) motherboard and some of MSI’s design choices (and the benefits they bring) we have dove into our performance testing. You may remember that we had concerns about the way the PCIe slots were segmented into Gen3 and Gen2. To check and see what effect (if any) this might have on performance we ran some of our tests with the GPU in the Gen2 slot and some in the Gen3 slot. We were more than a little surprised at what we found out. So let’s get into the performance half of our review of the MSI X79A-GD65(8D) and see what we found.
Latest from Sean Kalinich
- Crytek Sells off Homefront, Lays Off Staff in the UK and US: What was that about a secure financial future?
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Gets a Swag Heavy Pro Edition, Just not for PC
- Android Fake ID Bug Found that Allows Malicious Code to Mimic Trusted Apps
- Dating Site OkCupid Says they Experiment on People Because They Do Not Know What They are Doing
- NVidia Might Launch Two High-End GPUs in October, and One Mid-Range