We take a look at Gigabyte's X79-UD3 Quad-SLI/Crossfire Motherboard-Part I FeaturedWritten by Sean Kalinich Monday, 20 February 2012 18:42 Published in Enthusiast Motherboards
With the apparent delay of Intel Ivy Bridge and of course the Z77 chipset that goes with it) we there is going to be a continued demand for the X79 chipset and the pretty much every flavor of the LGA2011 CPU. To be honest I think that even after Ivy Bridge there will be a demand as the replacement for the LGA 2011 CPUs will not hit the market until around Q4 2012 or even later. So with that in mind we are taking a look at what at first glance appears to be a low cost X79 motherboard from Gigabyte. However, once you take a look at it you just might begin to see the serious overclocking and GPU benchmarking potential that it has. Let’s take a look at the Quad-SLI/Crossfire capable X79-UD3 from Gigabyte.
Latest from Sean Kalinich
- Microsoft's ID@Xbox Could Lock Indie Developers Out of the Xbox One
- Web Companies Scramble to Rebuild Consumer Trust by Pushing Back on Government Spying
- Gigabyte X79-UP4 Design and Feature Review
- Amazon's Drone Scheme is a Nightmare Waiting to Happen
- Apple Avoids Prior Art, Is Awarded a Patent on Facial Recognition Security