Paragon Software Introduces Industry’s First Image Backup for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 with ReFS File System Support, Available for Free Download to IT Professionals and PC Enthusiasts
IRVINE, Calif., August 8, 2012 – Paragon Software Group (PSG), a leader in data backup, disaster recovery, and data migration solutions, announces the release of Paragon Image Backup for Windows 8 and Server 2012, a complete backup and recovery software tool for all Windows 8 versions, including the new RTM. Targeted to IT professionals and technology enthusiasts exploring Windows 8, Paragon Image Backup for Windows 8 and Server 2012 supports the new Windows Server 2012 Resilient File System (ReFS) – which is highly resistant to corruptions and storage failures, is optimized for storing large files and data, and enables users to work with ultra-large volume sizes – allowing quick and easy creation of ReFS partition images.
Testing a new OS always introduces the risk of third-party software incompatibility or system corruption. To avoid the possibility of losing valuable data, Paragon Image Backup for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 allows users to create a backup image of the system, and restore it under Linux or directly on Windows any time it is needed. Paragon Image Backup for Windows 8 and Server 2012 is based on Paragon’s Universal File System Driver technology, integrating the company's 18 years of file system development experience.
“For anyone interested in the latest Windows 8-generation family but are having concerns about the system’s safety, Paragon Image Backup for Windows 8 and Server 2012 ensures complete protection as the first and only backup and recovery tool available for the newest Windows OS, demonstrating Paragon’s market-leading position in data security for the entire file system spectrum,” commented Konstantin Komarov, CEO of Paragon Software.
- Support for the latest Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012;
- Full ReFS read/write support under Windows;
- Read only access to unmounted ReFS volumes under Linux and Windows environments;
- Support for the new ReFS: backup, restore, and browsing under Windows and Linux;
- Live Windows backup. Create an image-based copy of the whole disk system, or separate volumes and place them locally, to CD/DVD/BD, or on the net. The use of Paragon disk-imaging technology and Microsoft VSS (Volume Shadow Copy Service) tackles the problem of backing up running applications and system locked files.
- Flexible recovery. Restore the whole backup image, or only particular files under Windows or from the Linux/DOS recovery environment.
- Additional maintenance functions. The Linux/DOS recovery environment includes basic functions for initializing, partitioning and formatting hard disks.
Paragon Image Backup for Windows 8 and Server 2012 is available for free at http://www.paragon-software.com/technologies/components/image-backup-windows-8/index.html
About Paragon Software Group:
Paragon Software Group is an innovative software developer focused on two dynamic growth markets. The company's comprehensive product line for the data storage market addresses the needs of data security, storage and management for PCs, servers and networks. A second portfolio of products focuses on mobile productivity applications for handheld devices. Founded in 1994, Paragon Software has offices in the USA, Germany, Japan, and Russia delivering its solutions to consumers, small business and enterprise clients worldwide through a network of Value Added Resellers, distributors and OEMs as well as online through the company website. Paragon Software provides technology to a host of world class companies and partners including Cisco, Dell, Toshiba, NEC, Siemens, Microsoft, Motorola, Nokia, and more. For more information please visit the company website at www.paragon-software.com.
Paragon Software is a trademark of Paragon Software Group. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.