After taking a look over the MSI X79A-GD65(8D) motherboard and some of MSI’s design choices (and the benefits they bring) we have dove into our performance testing. You may remember that we had concerns about the way the PCIe slots were segmented into Gen3 and Gen2. To check and see what effect (if any) this might have on performance we ran some of our tests with the GPU in the Gen2 slot and some in the Gen3 slot. We were more than a little surprised at what we found out. So let’s get into the performance half of our review of the MSI X79A-GD65(8D) and see what we found.
Published in Enthusiast Motherboards
We finish up our time with the MSI X79A-GD65(8D) Featured
by Sean Kalinich on13 February 2012 13706 times
Prev Next »
Latest from Sean Kalinich
- AMD’s 11-year journey to relevance gets an epic finish.
- Is HBM a viable technology for GPUs? Yes, Yes it is… just not right now
- Microsoft finds active exploit of Intel's AMT vulnerability
- CD Projekt RED admits to data theft and blackmail
- Did Intel Repond to Threadripper, or just to Ryzen in General?
Thursday, 19 May 2016 15:48
posted by Alicio
motherboard version 1.1, updates the BIOS to V43?Report
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.