The fourth X79 board we have in the lab is from MSI in the form of the X79A-GD65(8D). This board features the third generation of their Military Class of hardware as well as what MSI calls true Gen 3 PCIe The X79A-GD65(8D) has a price tag under $300 which makes these represents the lowest priced board we have tested so far. Now the question is; does the X79A-GD65(8D) have the same level of quality and performance as its more expensive peers, or will we find out that the old maxim “you get what you pay for” is true. We will take a look at both the performance and the design choices behind the X79A-GD65 and let you know. We will kick things off with the design and features.
Monday, 06 February 2012 20:27
We take a look at MSI's X79A-GD65(8D) for its design and features FeaturedWritten by Sean Kalinich
Prev Next »
Published in Consumer Motherboards
Latest from Sean Kalinich
- Dell and others move to disable Intel's Management Engine
- Root7 Pink Himalayan Salt Shot Glasses Up on Test Bar...
- Voice is an often overlooked big threat vector as phone fraud rises – part I
- Illusive Networks says that deception everywhere is the way to go
- CloudPassage Looks to secure your entire cloud infrastructure
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.